What Caused Screw Conveyor's Screw Shaft Jam
The structure of the screw conveyor is simple, and the incorrect operation will bring us unexpected troubles. Everything has a wear period, especially non-standard products such as mechanical equipment. Inevitably, unexpected problems will be encountered in use.
Screw conveyor screw shaft stop rotation is generally caused by 3 reasons
- The material of the conveying material is too large, the material cannot pass through the middle hanging bearing smoothly, and the material resistance at the intermediate bearing is too large. Cause the motor to stop running under overload. At this time, the material in the screw conveyor must be cleaned.
- The resistance at the intermediate bearing is too large and the seal is damaged. The material enters the bearing causing the bearing to not rotate or the bearing to be damaged.
- Reducer bearing burned
The temperature of the reducer bearing rises too fast after driving, and there is abnormal noise, accompanied by vibration of the motor and reducer. That's the time when you should stop quickly and find the reason in the following aspects:
- The bearing temperature at the output shaft of the reducer is high. The temperature at the input shaft is normal. This is because the center of the screw shaft is offset or the bearing at the output shaft of the reducer is burnt, and the first and the end bearing housings are loose. The coupling between the output shaft of the reducer and the screw shaft needs to be loosened to recalibrate the installation.
- The bearing temperature at the output shaft of the reducer is normal, and the temperature at the input shaft is high. This is due to the looseness of the motor fixing assembly or the bearing burnout at the output shaft of the reducer. It is necessary to loosen the coupling between the input shaft of the reducer and the motor to re-correct the installation.
- The temperature of the output of the reducer and the input bearing are high. This is because the fixing bolt of the reducer is loose or the bearings at both ends of the reducer are burnt. It is necessary to loosen the couplings at both ends of the reducer and re-calibrate the installation!